Monday, January 27, 2014

Loot Crate Opening: January 2014

Well, I was given a subscription to Loot Crate for Christmas and I got my first one in today.


It had some pretty cool stuff in it. Stuff that I probably wouldn't buy normally but am excited to have.

For those that have never heard of Loot Crate, it is a monthly subscription box filled with nerdy type things. There are plenty of these types of businesses. I know people that subscribe to a make-up box, fashion box and have seen plenty of others.

So, here's what I got.





Star Wars: Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide
Star Wars: Ground Assault Pocket Model
Superman Domo Action Figure
Mini Minecraft Calendar
NASA Patch
Star Trek iron-on sticker
Melting Rubik's Cube Wall Sticker
Loot Crate Button

The theme for this month's box was space travel. Loot Crate recently launched one of it's boxes into space (for the aliens for find) and filled this box with some things one might need on a space voyage. There is a mini magazine I forgot to take a picture of (but you can kinda see in the overview of the box) that has a article about the mohawk NASA guy, Bobak Ferdowsi. It was an interesting read.

I was most excited to begin reading through the Star Wars Travel Guide. There was a lot of phrases I remember hearing in the movies, specifically the Ewok phrases like "yub yub" which apparently means "let's go" and "yum yum" which means tasty. The latter isn't too far of a stretch. There were plenty more but those are the 2 that stood out to me the most. 

All in all, I got what I expected. Some stuff I would not normally buy on my own but will definitely find a use for.

No comments:

Post a Comment